1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by chewy1308, Jan 5, 2005.

1. chewy1308

chewy1308 Member

can anyone help me using TMPGEnc to convert my xvid.AVI files to dvd format-my problem is that on the last page of the wizard i cannot get the video bitrate less than 2000 so that the project is in between 95 and 97 like the guide on this website says. can anyone help me? maybe changing the audio bitrate would do the trick?

2. infringer

infringer Member

This is a double posting ...

TMPEG was designed to build an MPEG2 DVD Compliant file the filesize depends upon the duration of the video with the bitrates of both the audio and video I forget exactly what they are but in order to be DVD compliant there is a specified bit rate which the film has to be oddly enough I've never ran accross this problem as of yet you can either try encoding it to SVCD compliant stream or I strongly reccomend that you get yourself a DIVX Player as it will save you time and headaches you can fit 3 high quality videos then on your dvdr and if your really picky you can slap 2 high quality encodes on a dvdr and play away for 1CD rips on 32" tvs or smaller you can fit 6 medium quality videos on one dvdr... Hell the choice is yours another thing that can be done if the file size is too large split the video in half using TMPEG and slap it on two DVDR's make sure when your splitting to select the the video is DVD format NTSC ...

Get a divx player already phillips 642 from www.walmart.com.

It makes ordinary DVD players seem well... ordinary.

And for the price of like 65bux US you cant beat it.

-infringer-

3. chewy1308

chewy1308 Member

sorry about the double posting. how do i delete it?