1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Angra, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Angra

Angra Guest

I know less than a newbie, I am lost in virtual space! I have Pinnacle PCTV and Ulead Photo Studio 8 (trial version). I managed to copy a VHS tape to my hd but its 8,43 GB long, its an MPEG file. Now how do I reduce to fit a 4.7 GB DVD? Can someone help me?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you Should be doing is Captureing your Movies useing the Correct bitrate so that the Whole movie fits on a Single DVD...You should be able to easilly fit 2+ hours of Video on a single DVD...

What Determines the Size of the Captured Video File is the Length of the Movie and the bitrate you use to Capture the Movie so if you set the bitrate to a Low enought setting Based on the Length of the Movie then your Video file should come out at the Correct size for it to Fit on a DVD....

You should Get a bitrate Calculator which will tell you what Capture bitrate you should use Based on the Length of the Movie....

Cheers

3. Angra

Angra Guest

Thanks Minion, I'll give it a try.

T.M.