1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rivaric, Jan 31, 2005.

1. rivaric

rivaric Member

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am currently using DVD Shrink to back up my DVDs. In the beginning, I was having success. But not anymore. I don't get any error but when I play the DVD, it's skips and pauses. What am I doing wrong? I am using DVD +R disc.

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Well, some people with similar problems have found that might be the DVD player itself and not the Disc. In my opinion could be that or the Disc was scratched or dirty (not enough to get an error but enough to make the back up skip and pause). I got some back-ups that skip and those were that the original Disc was scratched.

3. rivaric

rivaric Member

I'll try a different DVD player. But, I've been using the same player from the beginning. Am I doing them right by only using DVD Shrink software?

4. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Also if you were using them with no problems sometimes it could be the media. No matter for how long you're been using the same media without problems, since they are mass produced you might get a pack that are bad. Try another brand.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Have you changed media recently? That problem is usually from cheap/poor quality blank media. Moving to a good -well known media will usually clear up the problem.

Jerry

6. rivaric

rivaric Member

No, I'm still using the same media (same pack). I just don't understand why I'm not getting errors but when I play them in the player, it pauses and stops and then play again.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I would make sure that your secondary IDE channel is set to DMA mode, of course assuming that's where you have your burner connected to.

One more thing you might look at is to make sure that there are no programs running in the background possibly causing a glitch…

To make sure that a program running in the background isn't the problem try this:

Start
    Run
    Type in: msconfig
    Click: OK
    Click: Startup Tab
    Click: Disable All
    Click: OK
    Click: restart

Now you have cleared any program that might be a cause.

When your PC starts back up, make sure you leave the settings that way they are and try another burn.

If you get the same results you now know that it wasn’t a program running in the background causing the problem.

You can reverse the disable by doing the same thing above, but this time click enable all and then OK.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Forgot to ask the simple question last time. Are you using stick on paper labels on the dvds? Those will cause playback problems too.

Jerry

9. rivaric

rivaric Member

No, i'm not using any paper labels.

10. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

rivaric

Are you using the same media as before or is this a different batch from your successful burns? And did you look to see if your burner is in DMA mode?

11. rivaric

rivaric Member

I am currently using the same batch of CDs that I was successful with. I haven't changed anything.