1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by f_b_i_001, Apr 19, 2005.

1. f_b_i_001

f_b_i_001 Member

I want to upgrade my xbox so I can copy games and dvds on to it. I have no idea of how to install a hard drive or a modchip and i wonder if i need special software for this to work.

2. reever

reever Member

its simple all u have to do is take it to sum computer fare and they'll chip it 4 u or u can buy the chip yourself but its best to go to the fare because they can explain how to use it

3. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

computer fairs wont do it for you, you should do it yourself, there are tons of walkthroughs and tutorials on how to do it. if you dont want to solder, then get a solderless chip, they are very easy to install.

4. Yusayoh

Yusayoh Member

I suggest you softmod it. Cheaper and easier without a mod chip or opening your xbox.

5. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

i suggest getting a xecuter 3 ce its not really that hard to install all i did was have a guy put the pinheader in and 3 wires and it works for me. depend on what version your xbox is i think a 1.6 has an extra wire to be put in

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Cheaper Yes, easier NO. you may not have to open the box, but you can not install a bigger HDD. Also, if you dont be careful with a softmod, you can render you box useless. If you do a solderless mod, the worst that can happen is the chip doesnt work!

7. Yusayoh

Yusayoh Member

Yeah, but it is pretty much easier. Yes, you cannot upgrade your HDD but i suggest Softmod Installer Deluxe or Auto Installer Deluxe to softmod it. They're very easy and can create a backup just in case it doesn't work.