1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Azalin02, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Azalin02

Azalin02 Member

Okay I know I am going to sound stupid but I have never heard of Nero Backitup until my computer crashed and the tech guys that worked on my computer backup my hard drive up with nero. The problem with this is now nothing they backed up works and I don't know how to make it work. Any help would be great. I am a college student and I really need this information for school. THANKS A LOT

Kira
    Thunderith@comcast.net

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You are going to have to explain what you mean by "nothing works". Have you done a restore and it is corrupted? Have you reinstalled Windows and can't get the restore to function?

More detail about exactly what was done and what your present situation is would help.

Did you use the Geek Squad? Someone last month had the same type problem, on a college campus.

3. Azalin02

Azalin02 Member

Basically I know nothing about how to restore the files on the disk to my computer. I go to open the files (movie, pictures, outlook files, word documents, excel docments) and my computer wants to know how I want to open the file so I pick the program that should work and nothing happens. So like I go to open a movie file that worked with Windowns media on my old computer and it will not open on this computer. I honestly have no idea what is going on. My computer is not on a university system it is a home PC I just don't know how to make this work.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Have you started Nero BackItUp and tried to restore the files? If you are using it, you select the files you want to restore, and then click "Start Restore". Exactly what you can restore and how, depends on how the backup was done.

Try this for a help manual. If you don't have Nero 7, look for one under Nero 6, but they are about the same.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/User_Guide_BackItUp_2.html