1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by anitamed, Feb 13, 2007.

1. anitamed

anitamed Member

I am very new at this and I need someone that will be able to tell me in simple words how to burn a dvd. I have downloaded movies off of bearshare and off other sites. Some of them are WMV format and others MPEG format and I would like to burn them. I have read so much and I really don't know were to start. Please help!

2. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

hey hello and welcome to AD, there are alot of different programs to do this , i use dvdsanta to make a videofile and then put it though shrink to burn..ConvertXtoDVD is another program to can use..

3. anitamed

anitamed Member

I'm sorry you may think I'm stupid but I really don't understand. Please go into more details.

Thank you

4. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

ok i use dvdsanta for this , so if this program is ok for you than you need to download it first and install it on your pc, this is a free prog. and No, everyone is new at first...lol

5. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

what burning program do you have on your pc?

6. anitamed

anitamed Member

You use dvdsanta to make a videofile and then the other to shrink it. Why do you shrink it and which program should I use?

7. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

you don't have to use shrink with dvd santa i do to put on my HD. ones you put it though dvdsanta it will say the dvd is done would you like to burn now just put in a blank and say yes

8. anitamed

anitamed Member

I have several, which do you recommend?

9. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

i use nero it works good with dvdsanta

10. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

if you have downloaded dvdsanta after you install it open up dvdsanta and click on video flies(avi,wmv) to dvd , than click on add media, find you movie, sometimes they come in 2 parts , find them click them when you get the movie you want click create dvd..

11. signal

signal Guest

for WMV files, they will need to be converted to mpeg 1 files so that your dvd player can read them. What i did is us a program called tmepg encoder. Very somple to use, you can also find guides here on afterdawn. after this is done, you need to burn them to a disc, i recommend using nero. You can get the trial version at their website. or you can use NTI recording software. there are many to choose from.

I do not know much about dvd santa, but i here good things.

Nero is good for burning, you can burn VCD (Video CD) or DVD. VCD is the mpeg 1 format. DVD uses the Mpeg 2 format, but as VOB files. you will learn more about that as you go along. Tmpeg encodes to both of the formats, however the free version of tmpegenc only supports mpeg 2 encoding for 30 days. Just an FYI, in tmpeg, if you are in America, you need to stck to NTSC Standards or your TV will not display it correctly. You will see what i mean if u use tmpeg..

Good luck

The Unknown_signal..

:)..