1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Fortro, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Fortro

Fortro Member

Hi everyone!
    Sorry if I have posted this twice, couldn´t see my oher post anywhere.
    I have just flashed my sagem dbox with Sportster-Pro_1.08_RC007_20061116_1931_1xI.img(1xImage) and it is not loading the image at all. I get the Sportster Pro screen, but after that it freezes and doesn´t do anythig else. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Just try another image. I use sporster 1.7 on my sagem.

3. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

4. Fortro

Fortro Member

Thanks for the advice, but it is still not doing owt. Problem as well is that LCD from dbox doesn´t work (is always been like that) so I have no way to know whether is flashing or not. Followed every step in the guide, left it for 1 hour, restarted box and still with Sportster Pro screen. When loading IFA, I get two screens, on one of them, at the bottom, is says pinging Dbox2 failed. Any other advice? Thank you very much in advance

5. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

My sagem was damaged in the post. My mates was too, on his the LCD was not working, but all it needed was to be reseated. If you take the cover off you can see 2 ribbons coming from the LCD to the main board, try plugging these out and then reconnecting them firmly, they might just be loose. It is hard to know what is going on if the LCD is not working. My mates box had a stange IP address so wasnt working at first for me. Can you at least find out your boxes IP? if you know it you should be able to flash it properly, your last number should be different on your IP settings, the others must be the same.

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you use a additional nullmodem cable for flashing you get all information you want.
    The box IP doesn't matter. IFA assign automatically a IP to the box only for flashing.

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Thats what I thought. I was trying to flash a sagem last night and it wasnt working for me. Then I saw that the IP on the box was something like 192.168.0.xxx
    after it gets flashed with sportster 1.7 it changes to something like 192.168.1.151
    In the beginning I could not flash it since my network settings were 192.168.1.xxx but when I put a zero after the 168 it worked for me. I changed to the zero and flashed using IFA then I tried using filezilla to put on my service.xml etc but it didnt work since the IP had channged from 0 to a 1 at the second last bit.

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You shouldn't mixup the ip of the image and flashing with IFA.
    IFA talk to the bootloader of the box and not to the image. The image doesn't boot up if you flash via IFA.
    IFA assign x.x.x.202 to the box. The first 3 number ranges are taken from the pc IP. That box ip is only valid for the flashing procedure.
    0 and 255 in the last number range are reservated for system usage. You shouldn't use it for any IP.

9. Fortro

Fortro Member

Hi again. I used the nullmodem cable and it was a matter of minutes. Didn´t have to do anything, IFA sent the image without any problems, now working perfectly. Thank you very much indeed for the advice. Lcd still not working though. Thanks again, I was already looking for prices for a new box!!!