1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping the Technically Challenged in Charity!!!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Xfranman, May 1, 2004.

1. Xfranman

Xfranman Member

I found a site with a nice long 2 hour movie that I could download and enjoy. It only downloads in Real Player with that frustrating broken "streaming". (Should be called 'jerking'.). Probably a bait-and-switch site because the movies can't be saved to hard drive using "save as target". But the site manager suggested AfterDawn.com as a possible place for help. Now, I am a techno-dummy, so while the forums are interesting, the are for the techno-Ph.D., not me.
    Why can't some kind computer "nerd" (sorry) just answer questions for us poor dummies out of the goodness of his/her heart? I am soooo frustrated.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What do you think most of us (well, with 100000+ members i cant say that, but i can say, enough of us) do?

I got 4500 posts here and most are to help other peeps. If you have a question, ask away!

3. Xfranman

Xfranman Member

I'm sorry. I thought had "asked away". Can some merciful soul inform a poor old techno-dope how he might download a nifty (I told you I was old) full length movie from a site that mostly features clips? Someone in the video group said they accomplished it, but the "bleep" didn't share his secret. "Bleep". Even some basic suggestions would be much appreciated. Since the "Save-to-target" doesn't work in the Real Player 10 deal, is there another way around it? Sorry if there was offense. None meant.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im afraid i cant help then, since im not a computer nerd. Just know a lot about DVD's, Digital photography, Home Cinema, Audio and amplifiers/components....

5. Xfranman

Xfranman Member

Geez. Sorry. Just trying to be a bit humorous. I mean, the "insults" were directed at ME. Guess no one can help or wants to. Sorry I bothered y'all. Chill out and Peace and all that kinda stuff. Guess Afterdawn ain't my cup-o-tea. Not nice to be unkind to the "elderly".

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey, I didnt expect u to what it answered in this forum. Everyone on Afterdawn knows ive a wicked sense of humour, which can annoy some lol, so ask your question in the relevant forum (thers a few to choose from) and we'll all be glad to help ya, even if you are old lol ;-)

7. Xfranman

Xfranman Member

Never mind. sorry I bothered everybody. i quit.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

aww....ah well, i hope u find ur solution...

9. Xfranman

Xfranman Member

forgive me if i don't believe you.

10. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Did you honestly think you'd get a lot of help with that self-pity talk?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7N8X-X, XP2500+ OC'd to XP3200+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    EVGA, GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Xfranman, no disrepect meant, and i was genuine when i said that i hope you find your solution, but you should read the rules as to where to post your questions, and remmeber that everyone here answers questions for free and in their own time....

Calling them nerds isnt going to help ur cause much

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Xfranman, your question doesn't seem to be about anything more than downloading. I don't know of any sites that allows one to download full length movies and perhaps your problem is that you need to follow the instructions that are provided on those sites that do allow one to pay for the right to download a movie. If your question is about PC hardware then ask a specific question. Perhaps you could provide the web site address where the movie is located. The effectivenss of the response that one receives from Afterdawn is in direct proportion to the clarity with which one poses their question.

13. drchips

drchips Active member

14. Xfranman

Xfranman Member

thank you, whoever you be. that's very nice. it's nice to have a reply that doesn't smack me around for trying to make a little lame joke. a little nice is nice once in a while in this hard cold cruel world.