1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELPP WITH SATA PLUGS

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mikey1433, Mar 20, 2007.

1. mikey1433

mikey1433 Guest

ok i need to mod my xbox 360s firmware so i can play burnt games so i started lookin in my pc to find the sata plug so i can pluh my hadrive in but i couldnt find it i have a hp pavillion 980-XA so i need to find out if all computer have sata plugs and i looked into this old computer i had its a gateway E-44000 and it didint have one too so i was wondering if i can get something to make my pc have an sata plug.
    thanks in advanced!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

not all computers have SATA, a lot ofthem just come with the standard IDE. You can buy a PCI card that will give you SATA slots. Just search around in the Xbox 360 forum as i have seen a few posts where people mention a certain one that they know works for flashing.

EDIT:
    I forgot that there is also a kit now that you can flash your 360 using your PC's USB ports so SATA ports are no longer needed
    http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-360-xusb

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  3. mikey1433

mikey1433 Guest

DUUDE ur awsome thank u so much

4. mikey1433

mikey1433 Guest

duude noo see i already kno about this u have to have the HITACHI-LG GDR-3120L drive on ur 360 I WISH I DID but mines the samsung i already opend up my xbox and stuff so i kno but this suxx i swear how much are the PCI cards that give me sata plugs and wat kind of comp do i need to make them work? and uh were do i plug it in

plzz reply!
    and sry for all the questions