1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here is HOW it worked for ME! DVD !

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trrkod, Jan 10, 2004.

1. trrkod

trrkod Member

I know I am only a newbie but after reading mucho posts and trying many,many different approches to burning DVD's. I may have figured out a few things. First of all THANK-YOU all for your help you know who you are, MINION, DaBoss,Preator etc. I couldn't have done it without you guys. The only reason I am posting this is to give a simple way to START if you haven't done this before. First I use MainConcept(for encoding)-set to DVD, elemental VID&AUD steams, NTSC or PAL whatever the loaded VID choses, and Layer 2 audio. Other settings seem to screw me up. Let it run, don't forget where you save files! As per MINION DVD Lab has done me right it is easy to use and fun if you practice you can make pretty good looking DVD's (even for a newbie!) When you get the elemental VID & AUD streams load them into DVD Lab(the authoring program) make your MENU and compile the MOVIE again don't forget where you saved the final product. Burn the file with ImgTool or your preference of burning app. This worked fine for me. If your authored file (the one from DVD Lab) is larger than 4.7GB you must enter it into DvdShrink or a simular program first before you Burn to make it the right size. Keep trying it WILL work if you stick with it!!!!!!!!! TK P.S Check forums for guides for the above mentioned apps.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can skip all those steps and start with dvd shrink, then burn.

3. trrkod

trrkod Member

You are right sly I forgot to mention I started with an XVID file if you are not you can start with DVD shrink.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ahhh, i got you now.