1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey Dela, this is a new thread for my audio video sync problem.....

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by john03, Jun 25, 2003.

1. john03

john03 Member

I really don't know where to start. I have tried so many things.

First off, you know waht the problem is right?

My original .avi file is ok (meaning that there is no sync problems). However, when I convert it to an MPEG file using any program, the audio becomes out of sync with the video. At the end, the audio is around 5 minutes behind the video. 6 or 7 minutes in, it is over a minute behind.

What I've tried:

1.)I have ran the file through avifixed. When I do this, the audio problem is present on the output "fixed" file.

2.)I have used GSpot to determine the audio type.I use TMPGEnc to extract the video and VirtualDub to extract the audio. I convert the audio to .mp2 and merge the extracted video and mp2 file together. When I play this file, I hear a "scratching" sound at the start for about a second and then there is no sound at all!

3.)I have tried your original solution: open the AVI in virtualdub
    click video - direct stream copy
    click audio - full processing mode
    click audio - compression. select no compression pcm and click ok!
    click file - save as avi, now try the AVI u save with TMPGEnc!

4.)When I used my old .AVI file (not the newly created one with virtual dub) and the extracted .wav file (remember they play perfectly when played together on two different players) in TMPGenc, the sound is still behind the video.

5.)I using TMPGEnc to seperate the video and audio into 2 seperate files. Both files are the same length (ie. the video file(Mpeg1) is 60.28 long and the audio(mp2) file is 60.28 long.)

I am no longer losing 5 mins of audio off the length of the file like when I converted from .wav to .mp2 or .mp3.

However, when I play the files over each other, the audio is still behind the video (ie. I hear the audio and then a minute later I see the actual scene where the audio took place).

I cannot understand this. Essentially there is a second of audio for every second of video? So why aren't they synchronised?

When I try merging the two files that I created with TMPGenc, I still get the same problem.

NB: When I'm merging the files, I usually stop the process about 20% through. Thereby I can open the partailly created file to see if there is an audio problem. Will this make a difference?

6.)I have used cool edit to add a silence at the start of the film. This works for a while, but soon, the audio goes behind again.

7.) I have tried the following solution from "masterv":

No problem it can be fixed easyly. Listen I know exactly what happens, the video has bad frames and it will stop for a time wile the audio play's further. That's why it get out of sinc. I had the same problem whit harry potter the chamber of secrets only this time it was a bad frame part of 3 sec. So if you open tmgenc and go to options environmentol settings. And then vfapi plugin. Change it in the folowwing order:
    Direct show multimedia file reader: 3
    AVI vfw....: 2
    Avi2(opendml)...: 1
    And set the others to zero.

Now listen when I did this and open my movie:
    video source: AVI file
    audio source: AVI file

Then at the bad frame part when the video stops the audio will stop too automaticly.

8.)I used Sound Forge today to resample the .mp3 file(the one that is out of sync with the video). I changed the frequency to 37,460 instead of 44,100. There is a reason for this number and I calculated this.

However, the output .mp3 file is exactly the same as the input. The audio is in the exact same position as before.

None of the above have worked. At the moment I have so many files of this film.

I have :
    my original .avi file
    my avifixed .avi file
    my .mpeg file (with no sound)
    my .wav file
    my .mp3 file
    my .mp2 file
    my full mpeg file.

As I said before, if I play the video and .wav audio over each other in 2 different players, they play in sync, but when I merge them with TMPGenc, the problem occurs.

PLease help me. PLease.

2. john03

john03 Member

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok lets try a completely new encoding procedure! Use DVD2SVCD with TMPGEnc and then we will see if the audio is in sync when it is finished! With DVD2SVCD, beSweet will encode the audio, not TMPGEnc!

4. masterv

masterv Guest

Now listen i've post a message one time ago. I had the same problem whit Harry Potter 2. But I somehow fixed it and when I encode all movies now whit bad frames inc. Harry potter 2 the sound will not go out of sync again. I don't know what I've done but it must be something simple.

But try this one on your movie:
    1. Do what Dela say's and make a new avi whit virtualdub. But by sound don't use full processing mode but direct stream copy too. I geas. Now try to encode. If still got out of sync. I hope you've installed xvid codec. Try this. Go to start menu en then xvid folder and then avic(fourcc changer). Then open your(virtualdub created) movie whit it. And then set it to divx. If it is already divx try something else.

I really like to help you whit this beacause I had the same And it's really Irritating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But now remember this is not the way I lost this problem, I just hope this will work.

Please let here.

5. john03

john03 Member

Dela, You say to use use DVD2SVCD <b>with</b> TMPGENC. What do you mean <b>with?</b>

Masterv:

what is the xvid codec for?

And you say to set it with divx? I do not understand this part. PLease could you explain furthur.

6. Dela

DVD2SVCD comes with everything except an encoder so u have to setup either tmpgenc, cce sp or canopus procoder on it

7. john03

john03 Member

Oh right. I'll try it tomorrow because I was working all day today and it's late now. I'll try it then and let you know.

8. Dela

Do mate and good luck with it!

9. john03

john03 Member

well, I tried to use the program that you mentioned, but I can't get it to open. The file is named:

D2S113B2.zip.torrent

Under properties, it is 638 bytes and is listed as a "TORRENT" file.

I have tried using WinRar to extract the files, but no such luck.

I have tried to delete the "torrent" extension and just leave the .zip part, but this does not work either. The icon changes to a zipped folder and when I open it, it says it is corrupted or something. If I right click on it and try to extract the files, it says there is no files to extract.

I renamed the file back to it's original state, but it still has the properties of a zipped folder.

10. Dela

u need bittorent! that will download the file for you!

11. john03

john03 Member

well, I got the program working, but there are so many options, I don't know where to start. The only one I changed was the option "NTSC to PAL" and obviously, the input file as .avi. I click on convert and get an error mesage:

AppName: besweet.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: besweet.exe
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000ec95WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.1.0

Below, is the log from the conversion:

The original video framerate of 14.985 is not supported. The framerate will be adjusted!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - 30/06/2003 19:30:46
    - AVI to SVCD Conversion
    - AVI2VCD ver. 1.1.3 build 2
    Initializing
    Initializing finished.

- 30/06/2003 19:30:49
    - Free on drive C: 80347.47 mb
    - AUDIO Extraction
    Audio extraction finished.

- 30/06/2003 19:30:49
    - Free on drive C: 80346.44 mb
    - AUDIO conversion

Converting MP2 to WAV. Filename: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
    Executing MADPlay (mp2 to wav). Commandline:
    "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\MADPlay\madplay.exe" --quiet --output=wave:"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa"
    Conversion (mp2 to wav) of C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa finished.

Encoding Audio. Filename: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
    Executing BeSweet. Commandline:
    "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" -output "C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2" -logfile "C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.log" ) -ota( -g max -r 14985 25000 ) -shibatch( --rate 44100 ) -2lame( -e -b 192 -m s )

I can gather there is a problem with BeSweet, but havn't a clue what to do to fix it. DVD2SVCD is a very daunting program isn't it! Any help would be appreciated.

12. Dela

13. Ibonic

Ibonic Member

Here is a solution that might work for you, i have used a progam called moonlight xmuxer to demultiplex mpeg videos that i was having problems with the sound. I found it would accept videos that tmpgenc wouldn't. Of course you have to encode your avi to mpeg first before using. After separating the video and audio with this program, i then used tmpgenc to simple multiplex the two parts together in svcd format, tmpgenc mulitpexed the two parts back and rewrote the svcd header, the result being a perfect sync in my audio and video, you could use the moonlight xmuxer to multiplex also

good luck

Ibonik

14. Ibonic

Ibonic Member

You can download the shareware program
    moonlight xmuxer 1.03 at the following website

http://www.imagespro.com/search.php3?q=mpeg2+to+mpeg1
    okay after downloading the above mentioned program - open muxer 2.03

step 1)im going to demultiplex an existing mpeg2(or in this case mpeg1)file to its components
    -this means your going to separate the video from the audio

click demuxer

2) choose file to demulitplex
    3) click prepare(at this point the video 0 0xE0
    is blue) output file save as (to directory and name it what yo want) - click save as
    - now click the audio 0 0xE0 output file save as (to directory and name it what you want)
    at this point there should now be two streams to save (video 0 0xE0) and (audio 0 0xE0)
    4) click start -depending on the size of your video it shouldnt take too long
    thats it for demuxing
    You now should have two mpg files, one will be audio the other video(you could of done the demultiplex in tmpgenc but i have found this program works better for demuxing

Now switch to tmpgenc

1) go to file - choose mpeg tools

2) choose simple multiplex
    3) choose mpeg1-video cd
    4) insert the audio and video files you demultiplex with muxer 2.03 into the slot for
    -video input
    -audio input
    5) Name the program in output take notice of the directory its going to
    6) click run
    7) tmpgenc will multiplex the file together and your done

good luck

Ibonic

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  15. john03

john03 Member

I'm a bit confused about simple multiplexing and svcd headers and such. I know my dvd player won't play svcds.

I'll download that program you mentioned.

Would it be too much to ask for a step by step guide for your solution? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

16. Dela

Have you solved this problem yet John??

17. john03

john03 Member

Nope. I'm just after trying the above solution with Xmuxer and it didn't work. I recieve the exact same results. At least I know it's not a problem with the program becasue I converted two other .avi movies to .mpeg and the sound is in perfect sync on those.

18. Dela

Ah well then you've just stumbled upon a basically fucked up avi!

19. john03

john03 Member

Thanks for your help Dela and everyone else. At least I can finally get some sleep.

20. Dela

lol, np