1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey guys - 7.1 speaker placement ???'s

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by bemana, Feb 18, 2007.

1. bemana

bemana Member

hey there- I picked up the onkyo ht-s790 7.1 HTIB - it sounds great, but i think i could take more advantage of it by 1) possibly upgrading the stock speaker wire, and mainly 2) proper speaker placement - problems:
    it's my entryway/living room/pass through room, i.e. not remotely dedicated for sound
    it's a very small room - 10x16 or so
    the tv has to be in the corner which presents everything at an angle -

i understand the general idea of 7.1 placement, but wondering if anyone has any ideas - visualize a rectangular room w/couch/loveseat/chair on all opposing walls of the corner based tv - any help i'd appreciate!

2. behrad

behrad Regular member

Does this unit come with the function for the auto calibration and setup microphone and jack?

If it does, I would use that function for the initial setup. You have already got (hopefully, fully matched speakers in the set) just use your best judgment and apply the WAF (wife acceptance factor) for the speaker placements, and then use the auto calibration mic for the setup of the surround channels.

good luck

3. bemana

bemana Member

i'll check and follow up - thanks a ton for the advice!!