1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey im new to this forum (halo 2 concerns)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by wasabi101, Jul 11, 2006.

1. wasabi101

wasabi101 Member

i bought action replay in anticipation of modding

but i obviously cant

because i searched everywhere on tutorials(trust me everywhere)
    it says i require a splintercell original mechassault or agent underfire

i know for a fact the original verison contain linux in which i run off off *im not totally uninformed*

basically wht im tryin to ask here... is it possible to download modified maps from action replay and play it qithout soft modding my xbox?

and also

to any kind person who would be nice enough to trade, sell, or even lend me their original version of whichever of the three games i need i have 2 2 months for anyone who can lend me a game

of course i will return it i have no use for old games

if what i am askin is violation forum rules please notify me, i mean no intention of harm, cz im a member of many other forums and check regualry on them such as cellphoneforums.net thats the one i go to most

Korean_boi is my user name if u have any questions on cellphones or computers

again guys thx in advance if u decide to help me out

i kno its tiring to read a oblivious newb's thread but i intent on becoming a regular here and learning fast to help other people similiar to the position im in right now

thx for you time

-Brian

2. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Ok back to the questions.

The games don't "use" Linux....The gamesaves can be exploited with linux. Hence why you get the linux files from AR. So you can't get modded maps without the softmodd files...So you can't just use AR MAX...If you go to the mall or a local game store you can buy splinter cell used for maybe $6 or $7....

Oh yea you might want to take the link out of you sig as it's considered advertising and against the rules.

3. wasabi101

wasabi101 Member

o ok thx

srry didnt kno its advertising its just that i logg on that forum so many times i usually use it as me "email"

and i guess i can spare a few bux

its so bothersome though

and about linux

i guess i was pointed the wrong direction i read sumwhere ina tutorial i require one of those games because they had a linux installer in it?

i thought that couldnt be the case

and i guess it isnt...

i learned sumwhere else u have to download a linux installer to softmodd your xbox dash

oy... confusing

ill get it eventually

bear with me!

4. wasabi101

wasabi101 Member

srry if double posting is against the rules but i didnt want to start a new threadf

but on the step where u copy the linux installer to the action replay pc database, i get the message "not a valid xbox save"

what am i doing wrong?

5. theridges

theridges Guest

6. wasabi101

wasabi101 Member

hey do u have an aim sn?

it would be alot easier

plz get back to me asap