1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HEY YOU GUYS,.......THANKS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brandvok, Apr 5, 2005.

1. brandvok

brandvok Member

hey I just wanted to say thanks to: fasfrank,Rotary,creaky for helping me out the other day. I was having problems with my dvd player and I couldnt play any of the DVD's that I burnt on it. After talking with you guys I finally figured out that my problem was with DVDShrink. My player wouldnt recognize the (All region code) setting that DVDShrink burns DVD's with by default, instead I had to manually change the region code to 1 inorder to get it to work:) thank's again guys!

CRASH

(original message)
    Hey guy's I got a little problem that I was wondering if anyone could help me with because I shure cant figure it out. K here we go I have been using maxell DVD +RW's to record and copy DVD's the first one I did was a copy of James and the Jiant Peach "region Code 1" I had never done this before so I just wanted to see if it would work, witch it did beautifuly. So then I downloaded a movie off the internet that was .avi format and used a program called WinAVI to convert it in to dvd format. once I had the audio and video TS files I used DVD Decrypter to make an ISO of it and burned it straight to the dvd off of my hard drive. The dvd play's fine when I put it in my p.c but as soon as I put it in to the dvd player it gives me one of two messages, it says "disk playback prohibited by region limatations" or "The Disk is dirty" Now at first I thought that it was the Region code thing but if that was the case then why would the first dvd I made (copy of James and the giant peach) play just fine and the second not? and if it's a disk compatibility problem then why would the first movie play and the second not? because the dvd's are all the same brand. When I first put the copy of James and the giant peach in to my player it also didnt want to work,the clean disk message came up over and over even though the disk was bran new and perfictly clean, so I left it and decided to try one more time the next morning and it worked!?! so I dont know what the hell is going on, if any one has any ideas that would be great because this is getting really frusterating:)

P.S I also figured out why James and the Giant Peach played fine on my DVD player. Because when I made an image of it the DVD was already region code 1 so it burnt to DVD with that region code, but when I tried to burn my movie off the internet, the blank Dvd had no region code, thus I had to change it to region code 1. ;)

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

kool dude