1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi help needed plz ftp problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hanna21, Apr 22, 2007.

1. hanna21

hanna21 Guest

i am using unleash x dash and a bt voyager 210
    my xbox ip is 192.168.0.3 sub 255.255.255.0 defalt get 192.168.0.2

an my pc i went to network setting then type those numbers and tried connecting dont work why

i use to do it its just that i went abroad and i forgot it all thats wh y i need help again

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

well if its all plugged in correctly it should look like 192.168.1.10? so um try different methods till you get that...is bt voyager 210 a chip?

3. hanna21

hanna21 Guest

its a router mate could u give me exact examples how i should put the ip

4. steimy

steimy Active member

do this and post what the PC tells you

on PC:
    go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt
    type in this: ipconfig/all
    now write down and post up everything it gives you and people can help you out.

Your IP address on the Xbox just needs to be a different number than the PC that is not used by any other device on your network. The subnet mask, Default gateways and DNS addresses ar the same for both.
    Like if the IP it gives you is 192.168.1.100 then you can set the Xbox up as 192.168.1.105

It also depends if you are using wireless or wired connection. And are you suing a crossover cable if wired? And is the PC and Xbox both set up as a static connection or DHCP

as you can see you did not go into nearly enough detail to get any good help.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007