1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I am new and have a question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dj_smb, Nov 2, 2004.

1. dj_smb

dj_smb Member

I am interested in modding my xbox but as I have said I am new to this I have been told that there is a way to mod it so that I can just download all my games onto a new bigger hd that I install and play the games that way, and tips, suggestions, or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Yes, that's all possible, and a lot more. You need a modchip, and to store the games, a bigger hard drive. There are also software mods, or "softmods" available for the Xbox which require no additional hardware. Search forums, tutorials, and google to find out more.

Just remember that modding voids your warranty (even though it's worth it) and get a professional installer to do the mod for you.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]www.modder.ca - Mod Chips and Premods available locally in Toronto with shipping to all of North America.[/small]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  3. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

FIRST you must have access to XBINS (How to access to XBINS is in xbox-scene.com tutorials. Just search.)
    SECOND you must have a mod chip OR the game 007 AUF (the original not platinum)to flash your onboard TSOP which has ALMOST ALL the features of any chip. Ill explain later if you want.) Reply once you have gotten these things. ALSO NOTE: TSOP and ModChips both require opening the XBOX!

[bold]CAREFULL CHOOSING YOUR MOD CHIP[/bold]
    Make sure you know your XBOX version and video chip brand. Here is how to tell: http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

There is also a 1.6b. The v1.6b has a HYUNDAI RAM chip and Phillips DVD Drive. 1.6 has Samsung DVD drive and Samsung RAM chip.

[bold]SOFT MOD SUCKS![/bold]
    You need to load a game every single time you wish to use an alternate dashboard. You CANNOT copy games to HDD either. Linux and backups will not load unless you put the game disc in every time. This is the only mod that doesnt require opening the XBOX and Voiding the Warrenty.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
  4. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

I beg to differ, the 1.6 doesn't even have a TSOP. The 1.6b's have Hynix RAM chips, while the 1.6's have Samsung ones.

I agree, SOFTMODS don't just suck, they blow. What use is a 90day warranty anyway? How many people's console has broken down during that period?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  5. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

Oops, I heard different. Im sorry. Look I took it out.

6. dj_smb

dj_smb Member

So now let me get this straight if I have bond auf not the platinum one I don't need the mod chip just the bigger hard drive to be able to copy games right to my hard drive and play them from there?

7. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

It's not as simple as it sounds, and one itsy bitsy mistake can render your Xbox useless which can only be revived with a modchip.

8. schneid04

schneid04 Member

just buy a premodded xbox online.. saves alot of time;)

9. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

It's actually fairly simple. You will have to solder two bridges (maybe three if you have a SHARP TSOP). You can go here --> http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/tsop-images.php to see which bridges. Make sure you are soldering the correct points for your version or you [bold]can[/bold] screw up your XBOX! Also, you will need an Action Replay or Memory card (If you don't know this I can explain later, too. Once done you will have to get the exploit from XBINS (\XBOX\exploits\_Packages\007_With_Evox_Installer\007_With_Evox_Installer_Plus.rar).
    Now you can just flash your TSOP with any bios. ;D

10. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

as schneid said, just buy a premod it will make your life easier.

Search google for ' premodded xbox ' or check my signature :)

11. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

Then what about if you already have an XBOX and don't feel like buying another or, spending the money?

12. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

then they can purchase a chip and install it themselves, or send in their system to have a mod installed in it.

13. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

I use an Xecuter 3 I got from BMMods ( htt://www.bmmods.com/ ). They have amazing service. Anyway, I flashed that with Cromwell and X3 1957. Its a great mod chip, but its costly. I recommend getting it, though.

14. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

The Xenium ICE, or SmartXX v2 are both excellent chips as well.

15. jeycko

jeycko Member

okay i went to bmmods.com and your right, they're great! So anyway i went there and i went to upgrade services and i want to know...what do i need to be able to download things into my xbox like games, music and stuff? I'm thinking i need smartxx v2, 130 GB, and a 12v fan. Is there anything else i need to download games, and music and stuff into my xbox? Plz someone help so i can get my xbox modded right away!

16. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

I wouldn't reccomened the Xeniums because there are fakes (three different kinds that stop working [bold]:([/bold] )and you just might be a victim! The Xecuter 3 is my favorite. The SmartXX is also right up to it, but it has a 4mb chip which is twice as much as th X3. I think it depends on what you want. For me 2mb is perfect. You might want 4mb if you wanted to load up games and apps without a dashboard. With 4mbs you could put up to 16 (I think) 256k bios files on it.

17. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

Also, about the hard drive, I don't think you should waste your money on 130 GBs. Games are about 3GB each. If you took up 5GB for apps, you could put about 44 games on the rest of the space. I assume that you don't need to be playing 44 Games at the same time right? Also, If you do the HDD upgrade by yourself (its really easy and MUCH cheaper), I recommend buying a 5400 RPM dirve (if they even make them for large capacity drives) because it is cheaper and doesn't really run much faster. This is because the 7200 rpms heat up like a beast and that slows them down. If you were to put in a 7200 RPM drive I would recommened using that 12v fan you were thinking about [bold]PLUS[/bold] another fan underneath the hdd (theres a tutorial in X-S somewhere), then your XBOX will be a monster!
    P.S. I just thought I could help you save some money!;D

[bold]**THERES MORE!**[/bold]
    Once you have obtained these things (the chip, hdd, and the XBOX) you're ready to start doing whatever the hell you wan't with your BOX!!!