1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, new to burning DVDs (settings for anime)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ziggy22, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ziggy22

ziggy22 Member

Hello, i'm trying to burn some episodes of Dragonball Z for my cousin they vary in size from around 190MB to 240MB(AVI format). Using the automatic setting (bit rate, resolution) on the nero 8 program, how many episodes should I put on the disk before it doesn't play so well? I understand that anime doesn't need as high bit rate; I was hoping I could fit 8 to 10 episodes on a 4.5(or whatever is standard) DVD, what do you guys/girls think? My cousin doesn't have a xvid or divx dvd player so data DVD's are out of the question.

P.S. I'm using Nero Vision 5, is this the right application?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I would actually use DVD Flick vs Nero Vision. You could probably get about 10 per DVD, but it just depends on the size of the files after you've converted them.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742

I would start with 8-10 and view the results to make sure the picture quality is where you want it and then go from there.

3. ziggy22

ziggy22 Member

Thanks, but is there any reason to use Flick over Vision? Also what do you mean convert them, I thought it would do that for me and just take my avi and turn it into a DVD file as part of the burning process. Am I wrong?

4. LOCOENG

I've had DVD Flick churn through avi's that Vision and ConvertXtoDVD have choked on. It is a free program and less bloated than Nero as well....so there are less things to go wrong between the conversion and the burn.

That would be a conversion...it takes your avi and converts it into a DVD compliant file so that your stand alone can play it.

5. ziggy22

ziggy22 Member

Okay, so from what I understand is that DVDFlick will convert the AVI to a DVD format with a VIDEO_TS folder or an ISO... so do I need make these episodes an ISO with DVDFlick, then use Imgburn to put it onto a DVD?

6. LOCOENG

You can burn either file type with Imgburn, but creating and ISO would save you a step.