1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! there Pete...

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ronnie97, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ronnie97

ronnie97 Guest

Good day ! mate ..ronnie here ..just to inform you that i'll tried to umm follow the step by step procedure that you sent me on how to back up DVD but
    bad luck .. coz when i start using DVD shrink 3.2
    suddenly this "error" pop up sayin' DVD shrink encountered an error , and cannot continue,copy protection error,incorrect function. do you have any idea of this ? cheers !

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ronnie97,

A bit more information is needed -

i.e. What other Copy OR backup proggys do you have on your PC ?

What are you doing when you receive the error message (where in the process is DVD Shrink ?)

What type of programs are you dealing with - Downloads, DVD Discs ?

What type of files - Vobs, ISO ?

What are your PC's specs ?

What other proggys are you running ?

Are you doing anything while DVD Shrink is running, I mean ANYTHING at all on the PC ?

What kind of media are you using ?

What is starting up in msconfig - Startup ?

Please answer all of the above -

Thanks,

Pete

3. ronnie97

ronnie97 Guest

Hi ! there "pete" , roni here ... mate.how u doin ? sorry it takes too long before i made a reply . anyway
    i am switching over to umm , dvd decrypter + Dvd2one + nero .. well everythin' seems okey from ripping the back up with decrypter and compressing with Dvd2One but when i start burning it with Nero 6 , then the problem starts .. pete do you have any idea on how to burn DVD's to Nero 6 ? coz on fold down menu there's 3 of them to choose from 1.Hdd 2. DVD 3. Vcd
    i really need someone to help. by step by step procedure on how to do it properly.i'll try to find and download the much older version of nero but unfortunately i can't find one.any help that you can extend about this thing are really appreciated.
    thanks in advance. roni

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi roni,

Here's a link for Nero -

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

Here's some directions -

Grab a soda and head for the living room - the couch over there is fine -

OK then, is everyone comfy ? Good - its now time for - -
    "Uncle" ScubaPete's Step by Step, Let's burn with Nero 6 Guide -

First - Do not use Nero Wizard -
    Please follow EXACTLY - I'm going to attempt to make this as easy and painless as I possibly can. To get to Nero Classic, follow the "bouncing ball". First, - lets go to Start, All Programs,then Nero, then Nero Ultra Edition and finally Nero Burning ROM.

When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the "New Compilation" window. Directly under the title "New Compilation" is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose "DVD". Directly under that click on the "DVD Video Icon." Then click "New" in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the "DVD Video" window. In the left screen, click "VIDEO_TS". In the "File Browser" screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the "Shift" key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left and release the mouse button. Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click "OK" and now, clear the room, stand up tall and shout out, "Burn Baby, BURN" ! One more time, let me hear you say it, "Who's your Daddy Now ???"
    Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

(Wheeew, now I really need a cigarette)

NOW, STAND AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! !
    Keep all fingers and toes away from Ms. Computer. Do not fold spindle or mutilate and never mess with the lady when she's working - it could be hazardous to your health, you understand -
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done, she will let you know ;-))

Enjoy your backup,

"Pete"