1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi8 analog ntsc help

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by ayrflyer, Jun 7, 2004.

1. ayrflyer

ayrflyer Member

hi,
    My father just returned from the states with a samsung scl700 ntsc camcorder tried various ways to transfer to pal vcr or pc can any one let me the easiest way to do this and or point me in the right direction ref software / hardware required

steve fae Scotland

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can"t transfer NTSC Footage to a Pal VCR....
    You would need to transfer the Footage to your PC useing a DV Capture program Like "WinDV" and then convert the Footage to pal useing either a good quality Video editor or use a Program Like "Canopus Procoder" to convert the Files to Pal...
    Once the Files are in Pal format you can output the signal through a Video card with TV out to the VCR to record to Tape, But createing a DVD would be better because going from a High quality format Like DV out to VHS Tape sort of defeats the Purpose of useing a High Quality Format Like DV as VHS quality is Just awefull.....well good luck

3. ayrflyer

ayrflyer Member

Thanks for your prompt reply,
    I now intend to connect the camcorder to a PCI video capture card that allows analogue RCA and s video input,then use Studio 8 to edit and burn onto a vcd b4 purchasing the card do you see any problems?

keep up the good work I am csure many of the guys on the forum really appreciate your input