1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi8 to DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mloupagu, Jun 16, 2004.

1. mloupagu

mloupagu Guest

Just bought a hp dvd movie writer dc4000. Trying to hook up my older Sony camcorder to the writer, but there are no composite ports on the camera. There is one video out plug but still not recognizing camera. Have tried everything I can think of, but the camera is not recognized. Called both Sony and HP but get different answers each time I call. How do I do this? Analog video capture card?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well what Type of Video/Audio Outputs do you have on your cam corder??? and what Type of Inputs does the HP DVD Movie Writer have???

3. mloupagu

mloupagu Guest

my camcorder has a s-video out and one a/v out. The HP dv4000 has an s-video and the yellow/white/red connections. It also has a usb port.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well then it seems fairly simple...You just hook the S-Video out from the Camcorder into the S-Video Input on the HP DVD Recorder, and if the Audio out from the Camcorder is Like a Headphone Jack Type of Output then you will need some sort of adapter to go from the Camcorder Output to connect to a RCA Connector and connect the RCA to the Audio inputs on the HP DVD Recorder...You can get Most any adapters that you might need a Something like Radio Shack.....Cheers