1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hiccups" in audio CDs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by barw, Sep 27, 2006.

1. barw

barw Member

first post.. I have been using Nero 7, and attempting to burn audio CD's using burning rom. MOre than half of the time, the recorded CD has little hiccups, for lack of a better word description, all through the recording. I've replaced things a piece at a time to make sure it isn't hardware related. My system is An Abit An8 Fatal1ty board, Athalon 64X2 Manchester dual core, 2 gigs of dual channel ram, and I still can't get a clean recording. Its driving me nuts! I'm slowing the read and write speeds down to 32X, I've tried normalizing tracks, then tried without that feature, thinking it might cause clipping of the signal... I'm attempting to get this burning all in order before I begin transferring my vinyl collection to CD.... Are there tools to test the Plextor? I was told, today, that nero might offer specific patches to work with different drives, but I can't find that info... I'm pretty new at doing this, I would certainly appreciate any suggestions or links to info or forums that will assist me in learning more about creating good audio... I'm tentively planning on using EAC to rip, but must solve this burning question first.

2. ularu

ularu Member

try burning your disc's at no higher the 8 ...you will get a better result and it really doesn't take that much longer ....its only takes about 4 minutes or so to burn an average music disc ...give it a try and see how it goes ...