1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Peformance PC Options Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DubFish, Jun 16, 2007.

1. DubFish

DubFish Member

Hello, I am looking to buy a high performance PC. I have looked at Alienware's Area 51 ALX and Voodoo's Omen. The Omen is quite a bit more expensive, and I don't really see what the difference is between it and the Area 51 ALX. I customized the ALX to have high performance in gaming, and it turned out to be around $6500, and the Omen turned out to be around $10000. So now I am not really sure what to do, I have heard bad things about Alienware and people having problems with there PC's, and I want to know about your personal experiences with the companies, and if you can direct me to a better company to get my PC from. Also, the ALX price includes a 24-Inch monitor, the Omen price is just for the PC. Anyways, I would love if you guys could help me out, thank you.

(P.S. Please don't tell me to build a PC by myself, I know the advantages and disadvantages.)

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

I wouldnt go with either... If you know a lot about computers, BUILD YOUR OWN!!!- It is way cheaper, and you can customize alot more than on the web sites. I built mine in two hours! (I had all of the parts allready)

3. AXT

AXT Guest

Alienware is owned by dell so you should expect a bad quality product and voodoo by HP, or was it gateway. Anyways built your own, you will save tons of money. If you don't know how then look around on the web or pay somebody to do it for you.

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well since you do not want to build your own PC I would go with a something from Falcon NorthWest (http://www.falcon-nw.com/). I have read a lot of great stuff about them. They have a big price range of PCs as well so you can get one that fits your budget.

Just wondering, why don't you want to build your own PC?

Peace

5. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Just think of how awesome his computer would be if he spent that much on it and built it, or even had somebody build it. If $10,000 buys you basically a top of the line computer from a company that overcharges like crazy, then you could get such a good computer if you had somebody build it and got a good deal on it.