1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High-speed 2.0 USB error while burning DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dreampkt, May 1, 2005.

1. dreampkt

dreampkt Member

I currently own an HP DVD630e burner.I tried burning some mpeg files to Philips 8X DVD+R and twice got a message during burning that the HP DVD630e 2.0 hi-speed USB is plugged into a non-hi-speed hub and then it aborted the burning process. Do you know any reasons why this would happen? Thanks for any help.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Is it plugged into a non high speed port ie-USB1.0 or USB1.1?

PC's have 3 levels of USB version 1.0/1.1/2.0, older PC motherboards have the earlier version, but recent ones have version 2.0.

Also, if it is a seperate PCI USB card, there maybe a version 1.1 on there even though it should be 2.0, try and pluggin it in a different port if available...........

3. dreampkt

dreampkt Member

Thanks for the suggestions but it's plugged into a hi-speed USB 2.0 directly from the Abit KD7 motherboard, which I tried reupdating the USB driver. I tried different ports but got the same outcome. Even if the burner is plugged into a slower USB port, I would think that the burner would just adjust to a slower speed without affecting the burning procedure.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Check your bios setting and make sure the usb is set up properly. If it is not showing enhanced then you might have to call or Check the website of the MOBO Manuf to see if you need to update the MOBO or they can give you the correct settings. I am thinking maybe the driver is not loaded but make sure to check the bios anyway

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

ooops, yes severe case of the multiposting blues......LOL

Go into device manager and have a look under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    Make sure you have a line in there relating to an 'enhanced controller' - this says you do have USB 2.0 capability, and also makes sure there is no yellow exclamation mark by it.

If you do, uninstall and reinstall, and also check to see if there are any updated drivers available.