1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Higher Resolution Videos...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by handsom, Sep 7, 2006.

1. handsom

handsom Regular member

Hey, I've got a soft box, and I've been enjoying it with my 250gb hdd for quite some time now (You enjoy things so much more when you do them yourself).

I use it very regularly as my all-in-one media center, and I don't understand anymore, how people could live without it.

My question is as follows:

I have some videos and trailers that are in HDTV resolutions (720p) and the system just can't play them at a framerate that would even be considered sub-par. It's about one frame with a dot of sound every couple seconds. I understand that it's a measely 700MHz Processor, but I am wondering if anyone has had luck playing high res clips on media ceter, or if they might have a valid solution. I really enjoy watching these things on my nice HDTV, rather than my 19" pc monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand that I can connect my pc to my tv, and I am basically the living breathing radioshack, so I know how to do it. But everything looks so much cleaner when it's running from the xbox, so I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or assistance.

Thanks!

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Doesn't XBMC support HDTV signals? I know it's mentioned in the video settings.

What are you using to play these trailers?

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

The system can output the signal, and XBMC has no issue there. The issue seems more directly related to actually having the capacity to process a video that is 720p, that's a lot of video work for a 700Mhz. I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a good trick to squeeze enough juice out the system to smoothly run 720p avi?