1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highspeed CD-RW Stopped working with Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by greyy1, Mar 19, 2002.

1. greyy1

greyy1 Guest

I use nero, and it was working fine, I burn Highspeed (10x) cd-rw occasionally and after installing Clone-CD nero still worked fine, cept i get either a "Fixation" error or a "Power Calibration" error when trying to do 10x cd-rw. it works fine for 4x cd-rw or 12x cd-r.

I tried, reinstalling the Nero ASPI but that didn't have any effect. Has anyone else run into this problem? I like using the highspeed CD-RWs to do frequent updates for my car MP3-CD player. I even tried new Imation and Memorex 10x CD-RW. No luck. Same two errors (seemingly random which one it gets)

Using a Plextor 12/10/32A with firmware 1.09

2. greyy1

greyy1 Guest

guess noone knows :(

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Sorry, this doesn't seem like a very common or general problem. I think CloneCD/Nero authors could help you out better.

Feurio! (see software sections) can analyze your system for potential software conficts.

4. greyy1

greyy1 Guest

I checked out the APSI with feurio, I guess one of the Windows XP updates put Adaptec's ASPI 4.57 in my system folder, should I update to 4.60 ? Should I replace the APSI with nero's (although I thought nero would use its own from its directory, which is where I put the one I downloaded) or should I uninstall Nero and reinstall to get it to use its own APSI? Thanks for any help.

5. lukez482

lukez482 Member

I think this is bad news for your writer.
    Power calibration errors are serious and are hardware related. I had plextor 121032S and it had same problem than yours-sudenlly stoped writing to 10x RW media. I requested for RMA number and exchanged the unit. The new one works perfectlly with same system settings. Was defenetlly a hardware writer failure.
    Best Regards

6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

7. greyy1

greyy1 Guest

I just tried Nero, Feurio and CloneCD, none of them would write to a 10x cd-rw, they all give the same error, I didn't use that 4.70 ASPI, I'll try that and if it doesn't work I guess I should RMA

thanks for the help,

8. greyy1

greyy1 Guest

Well, before I started messing around with the ASPI's i figured I might as well go back to an old firmware, I went to 1.04 since that was the last to do safedisc 2 with this drive. Rebooted, 10x cd-rw works find now in Nero, 1.09 must have done it although i could have sworn it worked before under firmware 1.09. Glad I don't have to RMA.

9. phreak7t7

phreak7t7 Member

I am having the same problem you were having. I am trying to burn 10X Memorex CD-RWs with nero using a Plextor 12/10/32A. I get the same error you described about calibration error but not every time. I guess I will have to go back to the older firmware. Lemme know if anyone hears of any other remedies for this problem.