1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hijackthis closes???

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by baconcane, Feb 4, 2007.

1. baconcane

baconcane Member

When I try and run hijackthis it closes the window and it want let me go to trendmicro housecall either,could somebody tell me what to do with this problem?.....I can run it in safemode...but no luck after running the program in safe mode,shouldn't I be able to run it after I correct the problem in safe mode, and run it in normal mode....i'm not real sure...any help would be appreciated.

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

this is a stab in the dark but try renaming the hjt exe file and see

3. baconcane

baconcane Member

OK,,,got the hijackthis to work in safemode with network...but when I do a scan with trendmicro housecall....it gives me one still.....BKDR_SERVU.GY...how do i remove this thing?..

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Try downloading avg anti spyware from ewido.com, this is a 30 day trial but it should definetly get rid of that back door that you have. Also, try spybot search and destroy, this program is also extremly goos too, and its free! Hope this helps! :)

5. kateman

kateman Regular member

and adaware, tis free :D