1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HiJackThis log] Searches being re-directed

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Jimmyman9, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Jimmyman9

Jimmyman9 Member

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble with my search results being re-directed to several IPs such as 216.133.243.28, etc. I've looked into it a bit, running SmitfraudFix, numerous spyware programs, and attempting to run FixWareout (but it won't work on Windows Vista SP1 [WinNT 6.00.1905]).
    HiJackThis log as follows:

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi Jimmyman9,

Your HJT Log is Clean.
    You may have picked up a DNS Changer Trojan, they don’t usually show up in HJT.

Try this:

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and but before the Windows icon appears press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking".

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <-- Don't forget this.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

• Please post the MBAM Log in your next reply.

2OG

3. Jimmyman9

Jimmyman9 Member

THanks for the reply, but I have already fixed it (but I forgot to post ehre saying so). I'm not 100% sure what fixed it, as I ran several things before testing again to find it has been solved.

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

That's great.. If you do have a problem crop up, just run MBAM and post your logs.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas..
    2OG

5. Jimmyman9

Jimmyman9 Member

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
    Also, I sure did, and same to you.