1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijackthis log

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by gotaget, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Copy all the red text to your clipboard by highlighting it and pressing (Ctrl+C):

Files to delete:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcc.dll
    c:\windows\system32\ijsacm_nav.dat
    c:\windows\downloaded program files\dm.inf
    c:\windows\sepsd.bin
    c:\windows\smdat32m.sys
    c:\windows\ss3unstl.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Gwendolyn Smith\Local Settings\Temp\unpack\CC_43.inf
    C:\packs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Application Data\Install.dat
    C:\I386\auto_update_uninstall.log
    C:\I386\MARSHAL.DLL
    C:\I386\P2P Networking.exe

Folders to delete:

c:\program files\MyGlobalSearch
    C:\aoo

Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.
    Under "Script file to execute" choose "Input Script Manually".
    Click on the Magnifying Glass icon which will open a "View/edit script"
    Paste the text copied to clipboard into this window by pressing (Ctrl+V).
    Click Done.
    Click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
    Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.
    The Avenger will automatically do the following:
    It will Restart your computer. (In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
    On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
    After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
    The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

Copy the following [bold]bold[/bold] text into Notepad.

[bold]REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0494D0D1-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC}][/bold]

Name the file [bold]Fix.reg[/bold]
    Change the "Save as Type" to [bold]All Files[/bold] and save it on the desktop.
    Open the Fix.reg file and click Yes when prompted to merge.

Open CCleaner.
    Click "[bold]Issues[/bold]".
    Click "[bold]Scan for Issues[/bold]".
    After scanning, click "[bold]Fix selected issues...[/bold]".
    When prompted to backup registry, click "[bold]Yes[/bold]".

Restart your computer.

Please post back with the contents of C:\avenger.txt and a new HijackThis log.

2. gotaget

gotaget Guest

Logfile of The Avenger version 1, by Swandog46
    Running from registry key:
    \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iepjjmkm

Script file located at: \??\C:\Documents and Settings\odeewngk.txt
    Script file opened successfully.

Script file read successfully

Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger

Beginning to process script file:

File C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcc.dll deleted successfully.
    File c:\windows\system32\ijsacm_nav.dat deleted successfully.
    File c:\windows\downloaded program files\dm.inf deleted successfully.
    File c:\windows\sepsd.bin deleted successfully.
    File c:\windows\smdat32m.sys deleted successfully.
    File c:\windows\ss3unstl.exe deleted successfully.
    File C:\Documents and Settings\Gwendolyn Smith\Local Settings\Temp\unpack\CC_43.inf deleted successfully.
    File C:\packs.exe deleted successfully.
    File C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Application Data\Install.dat deleted successfully.
    File C:\I386\auto_update_uninstall.log deleted successfully.
    File C:\I386\MARSHAL.DLL deleted successfully.
    File C:\I386\P2P Networking.exe deleted successfully.
    Folder c:\program files\MyGlobalSearch deleted successfully.
    Folder C:\aoo deleted successfully.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

3. gotaget

gotaget Guest

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 11:20:12 PM, on 1/21/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.exe
    C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\lxcemon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\ezprint.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
    C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\MediaDet.Exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\lxcecoms.exe
    C:\Program Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
    O2 - BHO: CEngine Object - {A44B961C-8C36-470f-8555-EDA0EFC1E710} - C:\Program Files\SafeGuard Pop-up Blocker Pro FREE Edition\popupblocker.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disc Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxcemon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\lxcemon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EzPrint] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\ezprint.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] "C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcc.dll (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
    O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.exe
    O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: lxce_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lxcecoms.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

4. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Fix this with HijackThis:
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcc.dll (file missing)

How are things? Any more problems or symptoms?

5. gotaget

gotaget Guest

I still cant get into the CONTROL PANEL.
    It keeps telling me that RUNDLL IS MISSING.

6. Niobis

Niobis Active member

My apologies for the delay gotaget, I've been quite busy with other things.

Here is a link from Microsoft.com that may help with the Rundll error. Let me know if that helps or not.

7. gotaget

gotaget Guest

Thanks for the link

I ran the Panda scan again and it still says that i have 9 ROOT KITS. Is this for real? If i buy their program it say that they can remove them that easy? Should i give it a try or can they not be removed that easy?

8. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Post the log and let me look over it. ActiveScan will sometimes find rootkits and unwanted tools that aren't bad.

About buying the program: that's completely up to you. I personally used to own Panda Titanium and I had no complaints at all. Only recently have they've added the rootkit scanning and removal, so I'm not sure how effective it is at removing rootkits. Rootkits are not simple to remove, so I doubt it would be very effective. Especially if all 9 detections are bad.