1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hissing sound on playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by nrosrgn, May 26, 2004.

1. nrosrgn

nrosrgn Guest

I used the guide here for converting avi to dvd. instead of ifoedit i used tmpgenc dvd author to author my file for dvd. however, when i play the authored file, i get a loud hissing noise in the background that is not present in the source file.

I tried using bsweet (did not know if that would help) to process the .mp2 file to clear up the hissing, but did not work. anybody know of this problem or can help? i'm going to burn it and see if i get the same noise in the dvd player. could be my computer.

any help would be appreciated thanks!

2. David.A

David.A Member

Having the very same problem,hissing spoiling the recording.Wasted hours and now have lots of dvd coasters (ok I have bought some rewrites since, lol). Tried everything.Can live with the reduced picture quality but not the sound. Shame because I just want to back up some old favourites and a few home recordings. Any one solved this or got some idea's I have missed. Cheers.