1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 50v500 problem!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by iceman231, Mar 15, 2004.

1. iceman231

iceman231 Member

I recently bought a Hitachi Hi-Def 50 inch Projection/LCD TV model #50v500 I love it to death but I found one problem... when I use the internal speakers as my center channel for my surround sound, the screen flickers sometimes. When I hook it up to my computer, all sound coming out of it causes flicker. When hooked up to my Xbox, only loud sounds (radio chatter on Ghost Recon) cause the problem. It doesn't do it If I set up a seperate center channel speaker, but i love the internal speakers! Help!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, it could be a problem that the centre speakers are not magnetically shielded and are disrupting the picture on the television. However, if they are internal speakers that came with the TV, there could be an underlying fault. Have you consulted your distributor/retailer?

Also, you say Projection / LCD Television, however, this TV is not a projection unit, it is LCD TV technology. I'll try and find out a bit mroe info for you...

3. iceman231

iceman231 Member

I have not yet talked to the retailer about the problem - I probably will soon. Im not sure why the problem occurs on only some inputs! And not to be argumentative or anything, but it actually is an LCD projection monitor... You can read about it at http://www.Sears.com and search for a 50V500.

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If it only is occuring with certain types of sound then it could actually be due to the screen not correctly fixed. Magnetically shielding only is a problem with CRTs. Your LCD, if it is a true LCD should not have any problems with magnets. I would contact Sears about it immediately, if you bought it from there. If not contact Hitachi about the problem.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

My apologies, it is a form of projection LCD technology. Sorry