1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi DVD Player sort of works

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by plumczy, Sep 6, 2003.

1. plumczy

plumczy Guest

I have an HP DVD 300i and used DVD X Copy Express 3 to copy the dvd onto an HP DVD+rw. It plays fine on my computer DVD Rom and when I put it into my home DVD Player which is a Hitachi DV-P303, it plays fine for about 20 minutes then it starts to skip around and eventually stop working. I can re insert the disc and skip ahead to later tracks that play fine for a while but stop working again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. koola

koola Guest

Your ripping program hasn't removed some protection from the DVD. This protection called VOB Protect was used on console and pc games where you start to play the game and all seems fine at first untill the protection kicks in and starts to degrade the game untill it becomes unplayable.

Solution: Use a tool called Protection ID available here http://www.gameburnworld.com/cdridentifyingtools.htm

3. plumczy

plumczy Guest

I downloaded the protection ID software... any idea how to use it? I tried reading the dvd to the hard drive but I am not sure what to do now

4. koola

koola Guest

The protection ID software only reads the DVD and tells you what it is protected with, but as for using it i'll send you info later if other method below fails.

AS for the ripping, I would use AnyDVD and cloneDVD as the finished movie looks better and there are more guides to help you. There is a good guide here http://www.geocities.com/simpleguides/Tutorial/DVDR.htm

You will get better results and probs better compatability with the above software.

5. plumczy

plumczy Guest

I installed the anydvd and clonedvd. Enabled the anydvd and used clone dvd to make the copy but had the same results... after about 30 minutes it just got choppy and skipped around and eventually stopped playing

6. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

Are you sure that it might not be the media. HP is DVD+R and if you have written it to a DVD+RW, the compatibility might be suspect. It is good to write to DVD+RW to test the burn process, but your compatibility might be better with DVD+R and not +RW.
    DVD XcopyXpress is not the greatest with standalones also. I could not get XCX to work but I could get DVD shrink/Recordnow DX to work wonderfully.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2003
  7. plumczy

plumczy Guest

I will give it a try but my player is not compatable with dvd+r discs at all the player just tells me that they are bad discs and wants to eject them

8. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

gosh if your standalone won't play dvd+r, then I think the problem is media. I am not the expert on media but I think that +rw is even less compatible than +r and it is probably a little miracle that it reads for a while.

I checked a compatibility chart and the Hitachi 303 does not seem to be compatible with +R/RW format.
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=95&Search=Search&#comments

Last edited: Sep 9, 2003
  9. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I would tend to agree with yuedana.