1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi DZ-MV270A forces DVD-VR discussion

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by stormvet, Dec 31, 2002.

1. stormvet

stormvet Guest

I've got the following Camcorder:

http://www.hitachi.com/tv/browse/camcorders/dvd/dzmv270a.shtml

This records in MPEG2 as far as I know to what's known as DVD-VR. This is if you have a DVD-RAM disk in the drive, vs. the DVD-ROM.

Is this what makes DVD-RAM what it is? I'm not even sure everything I stated in the previous paragraph is absolutely correct. I'm a neophyte, to be sure.

I didn't see DVD-VR in the glossary area, so I'm still a bit foggy.

Anyway, the point or question rather is, because of the way this camcorder records, I've had some trouble trying to rip out the MPEG. VOB Edit v0.6 says it's extracting the MPEG (to *.m2v I think) but then ULead's Video Studio 6 says there's no video in the file. WTF?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Cheez Whiz rulez![/small]

2. miksirhc

miksirhc Member

In order to extract DVD movie from your camcorder you must first start with DVD-R disk. And here is the tricky part. You may review your recording while the disk is still in your camcorder but to play back in your DVD-ROM drive you MUST finalize your DVD-R disk. Otherwise all is futile.

3. pantelis

pantelis Member

Hi,folks.Well i need drivers for my HITACHI DZ-MV200E.As i read u probably have the drivers cause they included in the MV-270E.If it's possible can someone send them to me.My e-mail is: gfpower15@hotmail.com

4. akp_mehta

akp_mehta Guest

You must understand following things regarding Hitachi DVDCAM:

1. recording on DVD-RAM disk: It records in VRO format not the mpeg format. You need to encode it to mpeg using DVD2AVI software or else capture directoly in mpeg format using DVD MovieFactory SE software.

2. recording on DVD-R disk: It records in mpeg2 format as per DVD standard.

I am also having Hitachi DVD-CAM