1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by CShinoka, Jul 12, 2003.

1. CShinoka

CShinoka Member

Hi everyone! I also bought a computer with the HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B like Kris. And, it used to burn 700MB/80minute CDs, but not NEmore. I've tried to unistall the driver for it and then reinstall, but it still says that the drive needs a new blank disc inserted. Well, if NEone could help us out, that'd be great. Thanks!

2. fireball

fireball Guest

I was going to post this query as a new thread, but having seen this one, which is the same device I have, I'm wondering if some kind soul would mind killing two birds with one stone. The problem started when Windows Media Player v9 did not detect a device when I tried to burn an audio CD, although it had done so in the past. I have uninstalled and re-installed WMP, updated the CD/RW firmware from cdfreaks.com, uninstalled other burning software (Burn 'n' Go, Nero, Disc Juggler, Instant CD/DVD), checked the drive's properties (working correctly), and even trialled RipEditBurn, which told me that I did not have a CD/RW installed! Funilly enough, I can happily copy the files to CD in WMA or MP3 format, and create photo albums on a CD, but the burning of a music CD which I can play on a hi-fi is impossible. Thanks in anticipation.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

CShinoka:
    1. Does InfoTools (correctly) detect your drive?
    2. Potential firmare updates?
    3. Did you install the WindowsXP CD Burning fix?
    4. Are you using XP? With SP1?
    5. Can you still read ATIP?
    6. Can you still use the burner as a regular CDROM drive? Copy data off it? Listen to music?
    7. Could it be bad media?
    8. ASPI?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2003
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Do away with WMP 9x for copying music and use EAC (Ecact Audio Copy) or any other music burning program that has the option to correct c1\c2 errors during the extraction process. The
    HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B is a LG (Lucky Goldstar) made by Hitachi("2 sheep burner\EFM encoding") cdrw so maybe look for a firmware update.

Excellent advice m8.

Shoey :)