1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B Region Code Override

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Obi-wan, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Guest

Hey guys, I've just bought a LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B and was kinda successful in making copies of some titles from my own region (Region 4). But when I tried to copy a title from another region (region 1), I was bugged with a message asking me to change the region of my recorder. I'd like to know if there's any kind of crack, firmware patch or something that I could do to prevent it from happening for good, besides using softwares such as region free, or something alike!

Any help would be most appreciated.

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

best way to do this is to download DVD Decrypter and use this to create a totally region free image of the dvd on your hard.all copy protection will have been removed too.

or if you have DVD Shrink then this has an option in the back up section which you can set to region free.

both of these liitle darlings are free!!!!!!

hope this helps
    viper

3. layeggs

layeggs Guest

[bold]Obi-wan[/bold], I would follow [bold]viper6699's[/bold] advice and do what he'd suggested.

But if you really wanna insist on hacking your LG burner of the RPC then you really must read more about the risk involved and the ways of flashing your drive.

Personally, I had problems and shared my experience in the link below:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/80679.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member