1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hmm a whole lota problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kgtrain, Jun 24, 2007.

1. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Hi all i recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro after I gave Vista Ultimate a go (decided to wait till microsoft release a service pack or until there are more than just a few drivers) & now i am having a few problems after I installed all the driers i had.
    1st. ATI 9250 WMD Integrated drivers wont install for it says 'Setup failed to run installation. The remote procedure call failed.'

2nd. I think this might be related to the 1st cos of the graphics drivers. The screen goes blank for a few seconds while the desktop is loading after logging on.

3rd. When i shutdown the computer, at the preparing to shut down screen there is an error message Windows-Drive not ready. 'The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open... I didn't catch the rest of the message but it mentions A drive, which i assume to be my floppy drive but i don't have a floppy drive.

Any help would be great guys! I'm a bit confused over these seemingly small errors but i have no idea on how to fix them.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

As for the 3rd, I have that too, not owning a floppy drive, and I'm just as confused as you are. 2nd you're correct, part of ATI Catalyst blanks the screen when programs are loading at logon. I believe you can stop it by preventing the Catalyst tray from loading when you turn your PC on (msconfig, or similar)

3. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

To fix problem 2. (Which is'nt actually a problem as pointed out by sammoris)

Start > Run > type "msconfig" > Startup > Then uncheck all of the following processes, if they are there:

ati2evxx.exe
    ati2sgag.exe
    CLIStart.exe (Cli.exe sometimes)

Once this is done click ok. Restart. And should be done :)

Hope that helps!

P.s All this is doing is removing an unnecessary process from start up (Ati Catatlyst Control Centre.)

4. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

For the 1st problem did you get any errors when you were installing the windows and did you install the windows with the graphics card ?

5. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

So sorry for (very) late reply was on long service leave & forgot!
    @ sammorris I think I may have found out the floppy problem, do you use NOD32 as your anti-virus?

If you do right click on icon at desktop, click AMON, setup, exclusions & exclude A:\drive even tho you don't have actually have one.

It worked for me, & so did your help with the 2nd problem & lecsiy help too, thankyou!

@ iani_2006 As for 3rd I just updated my video card.
    Thanks for all your help!