1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOFD-Browser Button Blues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rhuessy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. rhuessy

rhuessy Guest

I followed the XCopy website advice, downloaded DVD Decrypter, copied a DVD Which Shall Remain Nameless and tried to follow the instructions from your guide page, and got no further than the browser button, which was grayed out and would not locate any files at all. Hmmm.
    THEN I found out that in another place you let us know that OF COURSE in the 4.3.0.8 version of XCopy with ripper, the browser button NEVER worked. That seemed odd, since you had just told me to use it.
    So, WHAT is GOING ON HERE?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Who in there right mind would tell you to use Xcopy?

They went out of buisness almost a year ago and will no longer provide support for there product.

You already have DVD Decrypter now just download DVD Shrink and follow the first guide at my website (link in signature)

Good luck and post back to let us know how everything worked.. :)

3. rhuessy

rhuessy Guest

bbmayo:
    Here is an update. Six months after entering the DVDwars, and posting my newbie inquiry, I have in fact forgotten all about X-Copy and live in the wonderful world of DVDShrink and DVDIdePro, which together seem to handle the jobs at hand. Or does Decrypter produce better quality files than my combo?
    Many thanks to all for the guides and advice.
    r

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Dang!!! Talk about a late response?? LOL :)

What you are using should be fine if it works well for you. You could try other methods for yourself to see, but as I will usually tell everyone is to just stick with what works best for you because everyone isn't going to get the same results. Check out my improved website for some other options on backing up if you want to try them out. Also note that DVD Decrypter has went out of buisness as well since this thread was started, but it still works well 90% of the time.

Later

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

BB.......I found that DVDDecrypter is still King of the hill..... the only movie that it gets trouble with is LORD OF DOGTOWN. At least that's my opinion. And I give all the newbies this link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/183136
    which gives your guide and ScubbaPete's guide and lots and lots of info that greatly helps out!!! You and ScubbaPete are the reasons why I don't have to make a guide at all to help out the newbies. I just refer them to your links!

The information that you so articulately produced in your guides and your threads have helped out soooooooooo many people!~ I just want to say a big THANK YOU for all your devotion to helping others reach a level of security in DVD burning! I can't say it enough: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!