1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

holy crap.. its been well over several years....

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by seamonkey, Apr 27, 2009.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

since i've posted here.

i love this site though. i remember back in the good ole days of dvd backup w/a full dual layer backup taking about 12+ hours w/the whole transcoding and then remuxing. you crazy kids and your dvdfab!! i remember when i had to edit ifo's myself!

and modding?? heck, we had to make boot disks, solder on a chip, use winlpc to and a serial cable to flash..

hehe.. sorry.. just had to rant about wow! things have changed since afterdawn.com and i first met. ahh.. the net was so.... new :)

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I remember when a portable computer weighed 40lbs without a battery, and 40MB was the biggest hard drive you could get. Hehe- I remember when my computer had less total memory than the cache on my current CPU! It's fun to remember...

3. varnull

varnull Guest

*gasp* .. now how are you old timer.. it's been a very long time.....

That's some email you have there to still be alive after all these years XD

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I havn't been on the same email since the time of the 40MB hard drives (Back then the internet was a very different place). BTW...I use hotmail accounts for forum memberships because they are free to me, yet cost M$ money (so long as I don't click the sponsor links)!

I am not even 30 yet...I just got started early.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Congratulations on the mis-spent youth.

6. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

Yeah, I'm popping in the time warp myself. These forums can depress you with the chronicled passage of time. lol. Seeing posts I posted years ago still up like i posted them yesterday. Some kinda cyber graffiti on the wall that I come back years later to see.... (as i drink the last drop of vodka from the bottle with a stomach full of sleeping pills)... just kidding!!!.... it's not THAT depressing. ROFL!

7. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I had to pay for the cars, drugs, and hookers somehow!

8. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hehe.. i love remembering the good ole days. :p

how about good ole jungle hunt on the atari 2600? i love how back when i was a young kid, games didn't have an ending. the main goal was to just stay alive and get more points :p

(goes back to his ps3 and hd setup and pops in some uncharted)

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

welcome back! you've missed quite a bit.. the highs and the lows :)

10. varnull

varnull Guest

sunderland *giggles*

11. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

...fresh from the ER after having stomach pumped...

Ahhh, I feel much better after I got that out of my system. lol. Anyways, AD has changed a bit. I noticed some people that were posting back when I was posting have been suspended permanently. lol. Makes me wonder what went on around here? I use to get in it with people from time to time. But it was all good fun :p Can't have a forum without some heated debates. With the occasional off the wall rants... yes, I liked those wild displays of free speech }) Those were the highlights.

12. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Lots of people have been banned, mostly for repeated violations of the same rule...sometimes for picking a fight with a moderator. If you read the posts of the newbies, you will notice that some of them are the same people that were banned last week.

13. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

Yeah, they have to come back for more. LOL. I personally liked the arguing. It gave the site character. Nothing like a shootout at the A.D. corral :p

14. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

so true so true!

my phone has more ram, faster cpu and more storage space than my whole high schools computer lab (back in 1993) :p

15. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive signed in on this site for the first time in about a year.made a few posts so far.back in my day we have the sinclair spectrum and ZX spectrum(english computers).i had a commodore 64 aswell and an atari 2600.nowadays im using a pentium 4 and a PS2.

16. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

and now it's 9 years later. we have quad core cpus in our pockets, VR in our living rooms. what will next 9 years hold?

smartwatches = mobile phone cpu/guts on our wrists, while we have either hologram overlay pendants we wear around necks for GUI or BT headset like hologram projectors that overlay gui in front of field of vision. ;)

yea, wow!! amazing how far we have now come in the last 15 years. the next 15 years... omg... systems will break, society may struggle but the overall future is beyond this planet.. hopefully..

also... love all my AD peeps.. good, bad, trolls.. we all were ahead of our times!

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Okay, I have a question! Exactly how much is "well over several?" And yes if you know me then you have to know that I will ask that question. :D

18. rav009

rav009 Active member

Good times...:)