1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Wookie Crap!! Star Wars Episode III may save the Prequel Triliogy

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by deezp1, Mar 7, 2005.

1. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I don't know if anyone out there have seen the screenshots of RotS that have been floating around the net, but it looks like Lucas will finally make good with this one. It is pretty crazy to see the fates of some of the characters and knowing that lucas will not be shooting for a PG movie and making it PG-13 and make it longer than his self mandated 2 hour 20 minute movie leads me to believe this movie will kick ass!

I guess it killed him knowing that all of his fans were becoming more Lord of the Rings Fans the Star War fans. Not to mention, knowing that if the movie is good, it can be more than 3 hours and still hold the attention of the moviegoers.

All I got to Say is maybe Hayden Christenson isnt so bad as being Anakin, although he was whiny in AotC!

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

the original three are great classics.

But these new ones are so awful...he doesn't make movies anymore. He makes very expensive cartoons.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Although the newer ones do have their moments I have to agree with djscoop. I still have fond memories of watching all three originals in the theater :)

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Dont get me wrong, Im a child of the original three, but Im still excited about what can come of this last installment. I just think with how bad the first one was and mediocore the second one was, I think this one has the potential of being worthy of the name "Star Wars"

5. Nephilim

Hopefully Lucas will redeem himself with this one.

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

uncle booger's bumper dumper...LMFAO!

Do you give demonstrations...lol I can't beleive it made it all the way to Jay Leno's show

7. Nephilim

I found that while searching truck accessory sites for a tailgate lock to fit my Dodge Dakota and it was too good to pass up :)

It doesn't get any more redneck than that!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  8. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I checked out that link and it is great! I want one.

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

okay, while my previous statement still stands, which is I curse Lucas for his current technique of making movies (more like all digital million dollar cartoons), I must say that the preview for episode three does look, acceptable. They played the preivew during the OC last night. The only thing I look forward to is to see how well they tie this one in with the original Star Wars IV. I guess we'll see on what, May 19th I think?

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

does anyone have a link to view the trailer?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

the full lenfth 2 minute trailer just premiered last night, so I can't find any full ones on the net as of yet. But I'm sure in a few days they will start appearing, I'll let ya know if I find them. In the mean time, here's the teaser trailer

http://www.astercity.net/~jerry/full.mov

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Thanks for the link scoop, I missed it when they showed it on the OC. The server was busy when I went on too and it took about 20 some tries too.

as far as the trailer goes, I think it looks good. It shows a lot, but doesnt really give anything away. The scene with Palpatine and Mace looked cool when Sideous jumps at the jedi. What I dont understand still is how the wookies and chewbacca come into the story. Does anyone know whey they are there? It seems almost Return of the Jedi-esque having wookie instead of the ewoks.

14. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I love the whole Star Wars genoir, but the thing that disappoints me is the fact that in parts 4,5,6 the technology (weapons, ships and clothing etc) are somewhat dated and less advanced than the ones in the first 3.

Very back to front to me, but thats what you get when you make the last parts first.

I shall always be a fan, just waiting for my Star Wars bed set and lamp shade to arrive from ebay and then I'll be all set....................

15. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Seen a couple of the trailers, offical or not. All I can say is that a LOT of people are getting excited about this one, and as am I. I think Lucas is really going to whole nine yards this time.. hell it even has General Grevious in it, the light-saber wielding droid! =D

P.S. Yes, I have a friend who is a complete Star Wars fan. =)

16. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

hopefully Lucas will have a reason the technology is worst in the last three than the first three, but I doubt it.

questions to think about though, wouldn't you think boba fett would of got sentimental seeing all of the storm troopers when he took the contract in Empire, being that they are all clones of his dad jango in all. And how in the hell did chewbacca get into episode 3?

is there any other questions that make you go umm?

17. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Patience, young padawan. Either that or go crazy with a shotgun if the 3rd film is not satisfactory... =)

18. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I'd have to say that I'm pretty excited about the 3rd film also. I thought Episode 1 and 2 were... well, descent I guess. Not exactly trash but nowhere near the caliber of the original three.

From what I can tell this one will be significantly "darker" than Episodes 1 and 2. Similar to Empire Strikes Back in most respects. I believe it's also rated PG-13, which is a first for the saga.

I can't wait for May, 19th.

19. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I too thought the 1st and 2nd were not such an atrocity as described by other Star Wars fan.

20. simis69

simis69 Member

i think they are all good!! and if you can make a better one then i'll be here to D/L it!! the new ones conform to today standard of Computer graphics enhanced movies, and to kids (which most of us was when the fist three came out)they can't tell the difference, and if it make magic for my son, then lucas came thru for him too!!