1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home and Small office setup problems on 2000

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by hocking, Dec 18, 2005.

1. hocking

hocking Guest

Well ill start of saying, that i have 2 desktop and one labtop and the labtop is running windows xp as is the other desktop, i made the home and small office network and it works fine one them/ but know i bring over the same thing i intalled on my other comps, and it said this is exe. is for 95, 95, mellium, and xp, ver. of windows.
    so i try and make one manually but it doesnt have that option in netwrok connections can some one help me please .

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

yes you need to upgrade the os on the other machine

the machine is out of date and is no longer supported by microsoft sorry

3. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

take your xp disc or any xp disc and pop it in the computer with windows 2000 when the disc starts select perform additional task then tick set up home or small office network ...follow the steps and u will be able to network any windows os with any windows os . i have a lapmachine with 98 on it and it networked fine the only trouble i have is trying to network the printer with 98 but im sure it can be done . other than that file sharing and internet works great. any troubles look me up i will be glad to help

4. hocking

hocking Guest

thank you so much now all i have to do is get a hold of a windows xp disk, thank you so very much. i will contact you when i have tried it and got the xp disk.

thank you

5. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

i heard u can possibly find a copy on a p2p network if u had a broudband internet but not sure never tried . anyway the only thing the disc would be good for is networking and windows repaires . if it were me i would scan the heck out of it for viruses and make sure the file was of proper size. i would not recomend this though i thinks it illegal. and i dont want to get in trouble with ad as i love this site almost as much as life itself with that said disregard my comments and just borrow a disc from a friend

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2005