1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home DVD says "not a valid disk" after burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jul-see, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I have a new Sony dvd/cd that came with Nero software. I burned several .avi's with Nero Visionexpress. When I tried to play any of the dvd's, it said "not a valid disk.
    I tired another dvd player (both are less than 1-yr old) and it said "cannot play".
    I am running Windows XP, on a new Dell computer. What could be wrong???

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

When you say you burned them with Nero Vision Express I assume you converted them to proper dvd format with NeroVision. AVI file format will not play on a dvd player. Did you do the conversion?

Jerry

3. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I thought NeroVision Express did everything-the conversion as well as the burn process. If not, what should I do?

4. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

In NeroExpress it says to add your .ifo, .vob, .bup files to the VIDEO_TS folder. All of my files are .avi.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Nero Express is not the same as Nero Vision Express. Nero Vision Express will convert your AVI files to dvd format and burn the final conversion. Just follow the instructions. If your version doesn't have NVExpress then download the latest version of Nero Ultra 6 which has a 30 day trial download.

Jerry
    Expect a couple hrs time for the complete conversion.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you look at the files on the DVD you created, do you see a folder called 'VIDEO_TS'? And in that folder, do you see files with extension like .VOB, .BUP, .IFO? If not, then you just burned the AVIs as data. DVD Players will only recognize DVDs as video with that file structure (a VIDEO_TS folder with .VOBs, .IFOs, and .BUPs).

7. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I'm getting closer... I was able to put the following files on a DVD. When I put it in my DVD player, it acknowleged it was a DVD, but nothing happened. It did play on my computer okay.

Any ideas... ?

VTS_02_01 882,776 KB MOVIE FILE MPEG

8. lemaroc

lemaroc Guest

ye i got all those VOB and BUP files when i made an image of my movie and i burned it on a dvd. But the dvd only plays on my computer by starting it manually. The dvd will not play on my dvd player or my modded ps2!!
    plz help!