1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home made sd reader and sdload

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by rayvus, Mar 12, 2007.

1. rayvus

rayvus Member

i have built a sd reader for my gamecube. i have gone thought forum and walk tough that i could to try and trouble shoot this thing with no luck. after ar tells me to open the lid and put in sdload i am getting a black screen. i was hoping someone could help me out. i would like to find someone to test this for me with my memory card to see if they could find a problem. i am willing to pay for shipping both ways as well as i'm sitting on a bunch of computer parts. if i had something that might interest you i would send it. maybe a 20gb hard drive or a enclosure or a dvd/cdrw drive. please let me know.
    thanks
    Rayvus

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

i got it working. ghetto also.

the black screen means the sdload hack is working. the nothing else means your sd reader isn't working.

edit: no need to give away your stuff... although i am very tempted. [dvd/cdrw or enclosure...?]=P

here's how to build the sd to gc mem adapter thingy.

-note: his pictures don't show the senses(1+12) connected. the pictures from someone else shows how this should be done. [i just taped some copper wire from one sense to the other, making sure NOT to tape over them [the senses], that way the gamecube can still read the sd/memory thingy you made.]

here's a sdload tutorial.

-note: this one's wordy and such; so i refferenced it and used the dumbed down version...

over here.
    -note: the site links to gcdev, which seems to be down. ...for me anyways...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  3. rayvus

rayvus Member

thanks for the replay. i have read all those and a lot more. my reader seams to test okay with my multi meter. so i don't know if it is my reader or my cards. i'm really hoping someone could test them for me. and if they test good then it's probably my action replay code. sereusly i would be happy to give you that dvd\cdrw if you could tell me what is wrong. pm me so we can swap email.
    Rayvus

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

you should have a private message now...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007