1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Movies - Camcorder to Pan DMR-ES15

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by penmark, Feb 2, 2007.

1. penmark

penmark Member

I just bought a Pan DMR-ES15 for the dual purposes of (1) backing up my Hi-8 camcorder tapes and (2) being able to make compilation DVDs (on the PC??) featuring various aspects of my daughter's life. I quickly learned that using DVD-R will let me make a backup but not be able to capture segments from the DVD with which to make a compilation DVD.

My questions:

1. if I use a DVD RAM to copy the Hi-8 tapes onto DVD, will I be able to view the DVD RAM on my Windows XP PC?

2. will i be able to take select chapters from different DVD RAMs and make a separate compilation DVD (for example, one DVD with my daughter's annual dance recitals)? if yes, can you recommend easy to use software that does this?

3. if i put a DVD RAM into the read drive of the Windows XP PC, would I be able to copy the disc to a DVD +R?

I would appreciate some suggestions, because I want to copy 65 Hi-8 tapes in the next month or so and get a few compilation DVDs made before June.

2. penmark

penmark Member

Can anyone help me with this?

3. jda37219

jda37219 Member

I'm pretty sure the dvd ram only plays in the panasonic.

4. jda37219

jda37219 Member

but i could be wrong. Have you tried to contact panasonic, they should be the experts.

5. penmark

penmark Member

my later research has shown that, once finalized, it should be recognized by the computer.