1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home page hijacked

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by johnnno, Aug 25, 2007.

1. johnnno

johnnno Member

Ijust bought a brand new pc dell dimension 9200 come with genuine windows vista ultimate 32 bit and mcafee security centre.
    I had nothing but trouble my home page have just disapired can not open my internet explorer which i dont have anymore the whole screen is just gone blank.Except for the recycle bean icon. have anybody else had a similar problem with windows vista ultimate.
    cheers

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

goto internet options in control panel & change your home page there.

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

Internet explorer is a hackers magnet. My homepage was always getting hijacked no matter how many antispy programs I had.
    I got firefox 2 years ago, havent had my homepage hijacked once. Internet explorer is hardwired into the windows registry, anything slips through your defenses it will go straight into the registry where your homepage information is stored.
    I can't really say if firefox is slower than internet explorer, but I haven't noticed a difference or encountered any sites that I can't visit.

I think the people in the "windows virus/spyware problem" section can provide you with a better answer to your problem.

4. johnnno

johnnno Member

jony218,
    thanks for that info.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

johnnno, if you want i can move this thread to that forum so you don't need to start another thread?