1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Theater PC connection through portable projector?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Niko40, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Niko40

Niko40 Member

I use my PC for essentially all my movie/tv watching, but I think it's time to upgrade. I have been searching for a way to upgrade my current setup to more of a home theater style setup. All teh specs on my pc are ripe for hi-res, but I am not looking to get a full sized projector since they are 1. expensive, 2. require some sort of mounting. I was looking into micro projectors because they are portable and I hear good quality. I am debating between LCOS and DLP.
    Debating between the BenQ Joybee Gp1 & Aaxa Tech m2. Lumes rating is similar, price is about $100 difference, but Joybee uses DLP and M2 uses LCOS..
    Decisions, decisions.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. Niko40

Niko40 Member

No one has any thoughts or suggestions??? Has anyone else heard about the meshing problem with dlp?? Apparently that is one of the major problems with dlp based projectors.
    I hoping to make a decision soon so it can be here by x-mas....
    I looked for review on both the gp1 and the m2 and only found a review for the m2. I would be eternally grateful if anyone give me feedback. The review looks solid, but I don't about all the technical stuff.. =/

M2 Review