1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Theatre LG HT303SU dvd player problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by 19marco66, Oct 7, 2009.

1. 19marco66

19marco66 Member

hi,
    when I put a double layer dvd (single layer works fine) and menu shows, my LG HT303SU Home Theatre system makes a strange noise, as if it had problems to read it. When first dvd trace starts you can still hear a lower noise. After third or fourth trace it vanishes. It happens with all double layer dvds I tried.
    Is there something I could do without taking it to the assistance service?
    Thank you for attention.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I'm taking it for granted that you're talking about 'burned' dvds, on double layer discs? Or do store bought movies do it too?

If store bought movies do it too, you may have a problem with the dvd player. If it's just burned movies, try burning at a slower speed. Also, if you're using DVD+R DL discs, have you tried "Booktyping" (Bitsetting) them to DVD-ROM? See here: http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php It really can make a difference. It makes burned movies act more like store bought movies. DVD-R(DL) can't be booktyped. So, if you're using -R discs, I don't know what else to tell you.
    Good luck!

3. 19marco66

19marco66 Member

I was talking about store bought movies.
    Any help in this case?