1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homebrew ds games

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by xDSgamerx, Dec 18, 2007.

1. xDSgamerx

xDSgamerx Guest

how do you get homebrewed files onto your ds. i know its not exactly like the actual ds games where you extract and drag the file to your micro sd, homebrew files have more unfamiliar things in the folder and i don't know what to do, i tried dragging everything in the folder but it doesnt work. help please =]

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

what homebrew is it? sometimes with homebrew, certain files are NEEDED to be in the root of the micro sd card. also u might need to do a dldi patch, if ur unfamiliar with that i can kinda help u with it. also what card are you using? R4/M3/Supercard/etc?

3. xDSgamerx

xDSgamerx Guest

yeah ive updated my R4. but yeah i dont know.

4. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

for DLDI patching go to this site

http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

and about 1/2 down the page they have a download you need, there are 7 downloads but you need the 1 called "Win32 Right Click"

as in the title all you do is right click on the rom to dldi patch it. first you need to install it. it will ask you what card you use so make sure you choose the R4. then when its done installing, right click on your the homebrew you wanted patched (you'll even notice they made icons for nds files =D) and it will be the first option on the right click menu