1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homebrew problems m3simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by king1984, Mar 29, 2007.

1. king1984

king1984 Member

Ok I am unsure if my moonshell works. I can run nds roms fine, videos fine but I can run omebrew games. I have the m3 simply ds and a mac and just want to be able to run homebrew games, have read the guides but still nothing.

I have the homebrew files like dope wars ds and doom ds but moonshell opens them as text and i get a load of unicoding of text. Can anyone help with thhis niggling problem?

2. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

same here, lots of unofficial homebrew games seems great, but always froze, when you open it. also did anyone know hot to make DSorganize to work at your m3 simply.

3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

did you try upgrading to the latest firmware? 1.04 I believe

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I could swear i answered an almost identicl question recently, but meh.

Have you patched the homebrew that dosn't work with DLDI? Homebrew such as DoomDS no longer works on any device without the correct DLDI being applied. Some homebrew will work on devices natively, but will still require patching for the M3 DS Simply.

The latest firmware (1.04) does nothing to improve cmpatibilty with homebrew as there is no problems with compatibilty, it is a case of the homebrew incorporating the drivers (either native or via DLDI) for it to work.

This also applies to DSorganize, however 2 files require patching, the .nds and a file found in DSorganize/RESOURCES/ called "exec_stub.bin"

You can find all the information and files regarding the DLDI here