1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homebrew with the ds i need opinions

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Kookoo213, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Kookoo213

Kookoo213 Member

i know this is like the 100th tome someones asked this but whatshould i use for home rew and emulators ive read about some and i need your opinion on some of the products like the super card, m3, ds/x or any other you one you can think of if you can give aa background about yours and what you preffer plz help

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

My recommendation would be the M3 DS Simply or R4DS (both the same) mainly as they're the most popular so lots of helpful info available, majority of homebrew works either by default or using DLDI, and they're quite cheap.

The best possible for homebrew compatibility would be the M3CF Perfect (+Passcard3), as this is one of the first decent DS flashcards so pretty much everything works with it, catch is it's becoming harder to find, isn't cheap, and sticks out ALOT from the DS.

If you want the majority of the compatbilty the M3CF offers but without the 'hugeness' you could get an M3 MiniSD (for original DS) of the M3 Lite (for DS lite) both fit flush with the named DS, but homebrew support is very slightly less (mainly older homebrew not working correctly from when proper SD drivers were not available)

Another possible item would be the EZFlash V, however I have only had mine a couple of days so cannot comment on it yet.

I have also used a couple of Supercards, both of which I hated so now I completely avoid anything from them.