1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hook up Emerson dvd/vcr combo recorder to monitor

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SandyKH, Nov 21, 2004.

1. SandyKH

SandyKH Guest

I have a Emerson vcr/dvd combo recorder, and I am trying to hook it up to my computer so I can watch my old vhs tapes on my computer monitor as i trying to capture these tapes to my hard drive to record to dvd. I have Pinnacle Movie Box USB device hooked to my computer, from the Rmerson reocoder to the Pinnacle Movie Box to the back of the computer. I cannot get it to capure or show up on my monitor. Can someone please give me some advice. Thank You So much!

2. brobear

brobear Guest

First of all, does your PC have all the requirements to operate the software and hardware involved. Here's a link with those specs. http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloade...uct_ID=1885&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=
    (You will have to copy the entire URL into your browser and enter to get to the right site page.)

Input formats:
    Capture from DV, Digital8 and MicroMV* camcorders or [bold]VCRs (requires DV / FireWire port on your PC)[/bold]
    Capture from analogue camcorders (8 Millimetre, VHS, S-VHS, VHS-C and SVHS-C Hi8) or VCRs (PAL/SECAM).

Wonder if the Firewire requirement has anything to do with your problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  3. SandyKH

SandyKH Guest

Thank You so much young man, for the information. Also, can you tell me would a AMD ATHLON XP 2600+
    processor, be the same in powerwise OR SPEED as the PENTIUM IV 3.2 GIG PROCESSOR?
    Thank You so much for your info.!

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Sorry to say no, but nowhere close between a 2600 AMD and the 3.2GHz P4. The 2600 runs at 2.08GHz and compares in operation to a 2.6GHz P4. The 3200 is what you'd need to play in the current big league of processors. The one you have is no piker though. The 2600 is a good workhorse of a processor. A lot of the higher processor speeds go unused and for those not needing it, the higher speeds are only for bragging rights.

Here's how it works with AMD processors. They run at lower clock speeds (GHz) than the comparable Intel. So the 2600 compares to the 2.6 GHz P4. So on up the line to the 3200 that compares to the 3.2GHz P4. AMD markets the processors with numbers that correspond to the comparable Intel processors. AMD's numbers don't correspond to their own speeds. Sort of a marketing ploy so consumers could see which processor compared to which Intel item.

By the way, you're welcome.