1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hooking up the small lights on motherboard?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jsnm, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jsnm

jsnm Member

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for hooking up the small band of connectors that go to the motherboard for the little led/lights on the front of the tower? i am trying to hook them all up,but there are numerous ones and i dont have the booklet for the motherboard,so im not sure which ones are which.i see the markings on the board and some on the connectors,but none match up,if anyone could give me any advice,i appreciate it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the make & model# of the motherboard? is printed on the board itself not on the chips. might say asus, asrock, gigabyte or something like that.

3. jsnm

jsnm Member

i will check it out tonight when i get outta work.it took a while to even figure out which one was the power button lol.im just not too comfortable hookin up wrong ones,and switchin em out alot.there is like different led's,1,2, then theres a whole nother batch of them that arent hooked up for the front usb port and stuff too.im lost.

4. ddp

get that info i posted so can see if can get manual link so you can download it. i presume that board is not new because of no manual or you switched cases?

5. jsnm

jsnm Member

yea,its kinda old,but i got a new case and im tryin to update everything a little bit,so im kind of confused now.ill def try to get that,that would be great.

6. jsnm

jsnm Member

sorry if this is off-topic to what i originally started for,but is it possible to hook up more than 2 hard drives,cause im using my original,i got an extra 160gb,and im still looking to add more maybe another for like 500gb or something,but i only see 2 outlets on the cable for the 2 now.

7. ddp

if has 2 ide connectors on motherboard then can have a total of 4 ide drives like hard drives, rom drives, zip drives & ls120 drives.

8. pmshah

pmshah Member

Any IDE channel can support only 2 HDDs. So on a normal motherboard you can have 4 IDE devices in any combination. Normally 3 HDD & 1 CD/DVD drive. The choice is yours.

I have however seen one ASUS motherboard with 4 IDE channels supporting 8 devices. Add on ide card may not support HDDs larger than 132 gb. Your best be would be to get a sata addon card & sata drive. This way you are future proofing your self.